JEE Main 2018: JEE MAIN is a top entrance exam in India. It is conducted by CBSE (Central board of secondary education ) for admission to B.E/ B.Tech/and B.Arch. Earlier CBSE was conducted AIEEE & IIT-JEE. But from some year AIEEE & IIT-JEE is replaced by JEE. JEE MAIN is replaced by AIEEE & JEE ADVANCE is replaced by IIT-JEE. The student who passes the JEE Main 2018-19 can attend JEE ADVANCE to take admission in IIT and NITS. Students who only pass JEE MAIN they can take admission in NITS, CFTIs and other engineering institutions for B.Tech / B.Arch. Otherwise, students can apply for JEE ADVANCE after clearing JEE MAIN for taking admission in IITs and ISM.
JEE Main 2018-19 Exam Dates:
Here you can see the exam dates last year based, You can see below the Application Form Date, Notification, JEE Main 2018-19 Tentative Exam Dates & etc.
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Release Date||November 2017|
|Online Application Form Date Start||December 2017|
|Images Correction Date Available||December 2017|
|Online Application Form Closing Date||January 2018|
|Fee Payment Last Date||January 2018|
|JEE Main 2018-19 Application Form Correction Date||January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||March 2018|
|Offline Examination Date||April 2018|
|Online Examination Date for Computer Based||April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||April 2018|
|JEE MAIN 2018-19 Result Declaration||April 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Application Form:
- Jee Main Application form will release in the month of the first week of December 2017.
- The student can fill the form online mode only.
- Student can attend the exam in both Ways Online or Offline Mode.
- Now from 2017 CBSE innovate a new rule that aadhar card no / aadhar enrollment no will be use for filling the application form.
- Candidates can upload your document online. Fill the personal and academic details, there are also option to upload photograph and signature scanned copy.
Application form fee:-
Boys: – a) Offline Mode:- (General category):- 1000, (Other category):- 500
- b) Online mode: – (General category):- 500, (Other category):- 250
Girls: a) offline mode:- (General category):- 500, (Other categories):- 500
- b) Online mode:- (General category):- 250, (Another category):- 250
JEE Main 2018- Eligibility Criteria:
Some rules are changed in JEE Main 2018. According to the new rules, Aadhar card is mandatory. If Student comes from Meghalaya, Assam and J&K they require Passport Number, Bank Account Number, Ration Card and any other Government ID Proof.
- General category – The student who wants to attend jee Main their date of birth should falls on or after 1st October 1992.
- reserved categories – their date of birth should falls on or after 1st October 1987.
- Student should pass 12 classes with 75% in board exam with subjects physics, chemistry and maths.
- There are two exams of jee Main
- Paper 1: Engineering-E/ B.Tech
- Paper 2: Architecture-.Arch/B.planning
- Paper 1: paper 1 consist questions from physics, chemistry, and maths. From each subject 30 questions will be asked in the exam. So total no of questions are 90 objective type questions. Paper will be 360 marks. Each correct question will be 4 marks and for the wrong answer there will be 1 mark reduce. Students can attend this exam offline as well as online mode.
- Paper 2: it consists 82 questions, 32 questions from mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2questions from drawing test. Student should attend this exam only offline mode
- exams will be in both language English and Hindi
- Durations for both exams will be 3 hours.
- Admit card will issue to the student second week of March 2018. CBSE will release admit card by online mode only. By admit card student get roll number, application number and exam schedule and extra details.
JEE Main Result 2018:
- Result will be released in the last week of April 2018 by online mode. Students can attend jee advance exam in basis of result of jee Main. By login jee Main site student will get their result.
JEE Main Cut-Off:
- For general category – 105
- For OBC – 70
- For SC – 50
- For ST- 44
Above cut- off will decide that student will Eligible for JEE Advance and for others engineering institutes. Every year this cut-off will change as the compilation.
If student will get marks more than cut-off then they are able to fill counseling form through online or offline. Student should get 75% (general category )and 65% ( for other categories) in 12 class with PCM subjects for counseling. Counseling will conduct in June – July 2018 for admission to NITS/IITS/and other top colleges. JOSAA and CSAB are the authorities which will conduct counseling based on all India rank (AIR).