SCRA 2021 Notification: SCRA is an exam by UPSC which is shortened for Union Public Service Commission carried out in the lieu of Employment Notification for Special Class Railway Apprentices or SCRA. The well-known examination is held every year so that candidates can be selected for appointments as Special Class Apprentices into Mechanical Engineering Department within Indian Railways. UPSC conducts this exam every year as per the rules by Indian Railway Board. SCRA 2021 will also commence and regarding this, one can avail the online form for which the last submission date is Jan 2021.
Total Vacancies:-If vacancies are talked about then there are 42 vacancies this year.
About UPSC SCRA 2021 Exam:
|Exam Name||Union Public Service Commission Special Class Railway Apprentices|
|Level of exam||National|
|Mode of Test||Offline|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Eligibility||Candidates should pass 10+2 Class from a recognized Board/University|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marks|
|Age Limit||17-21 Years|
|Click Here – JEE Main 2021 Application Form|
SCRA 2021 Exam Dates:
|Submission Application form Date||October|
|Application Form Last Date to Submission||October|
|Admit Card Available Date||Updated soon|
|Date of Examination||Updated soon|
|Result declaration||Updated soon|
|Counseling Dates will start||Updated soon|
Eligibility Criteria to apply for SCRA 2021 exam given below:
- Citizens of India
- Subjects of Bhutan or Nepal
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling
- Persons of Indian Origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling can apply for SCRA 2021.
Candidate applying for SCRA Exam 2021 should be 17-21 years as on January 2021. However, there is age relaxation, like for SC and ST, it is 5 years, for OBCs, it is 3 years, for residents of Jammu and Kashmir, it is 5 years, for defense services, it is 3 years, and for Ex-Serviceman/ECOs/SSCOs/Military Services, it is 5 years.
Applicants would have finally completed their 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum total of 45 percent marks in physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- The upper age limits will include a three-year relaxation for the OBC category candidates and a five-year relaxation of SC / ST / Ex-service workers.
- Candidates appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2021 are also eligible to apply.
Before applying for the SCRA Exam, 2021, interested candidate acknowledge the following points regarding the educational qualifications:
- Firstly, the candidate must have received first or second division in 10+2 or any other equivalent exam of Board or University which is approved by the Indian government with Maths and anyone subject wither Chemistry or Physics as subjects for the exam. Candidates graduated with Maths or anyone subject between Physics and Chemistry as degree subjects is also viable to apply
- Candidate must have passed the first or second division in the Higher Secondary Examination under 10+2 pattern of school education with Maths and anyone subject either Chemistry or Physics as a subject for the exam.
- Candidate must have passed the first year exam under a three year degree course at University. If the candidate has passed the first exam of the three-year diploma course in Rural Service of National Council for Rural Higher Education or III years can also look upon for the exam.
Exam for the promotion to a fourth-year or four years B.Sc. or B.A course of the Madras University with Maths and one subject between Physics and Chemistry as a subject for the exam provided prior the joining of the diploma course or degree passed the Higher Secondary or Pre-University or equivalent exam in I or II division. Applicants who have passed first or second-year exam under a three-year degree course in the second or first division with Maths and anyone subjects between Chemistry and Physics as subjects of the exam also apply.
- Candidates who have passed Pre-Engineering Examination of University with second division or first division may also apply.
- Candidates who have passed second division or first division the Pre-Technological Examination or Pre-Professional Examination of any of the Indian University and one of the subjects between Chemistry and Physics as subjects of exam commenced after a year of Pre-University stage or Higher Secondary
- Applicants must have passed the first year exam of the entire five year Engineering course of University but on the condition that candidate must have passed the degree course, the higher secondary exam or pre-university or any equivalent exam with second or first division. Those candidates who have passed only first-year exam of the five-year engineering degree course with second or first division can also apply.
- Make sure before applying for SCRA 2021, that you must have passed the second division or first division the Pre-Degree Examination of popular universities of Calicut or Kerala with Maths as a subject and anyone subject either Chemistry or Physics as subjects for the exam.
SCRA 2021 Application Form:
- The SCRA 2021 application form can be received by candidates from the official UPSC website.
- The candidate must provide details such as name, category, date of birth, 12th-year class, marks obtained, mobile number, email ID, etc. to complete the application form.
- The applications should also be submitted with the photographs and signatures of candidates in a scanned format.
- The candidates are also requested to choose the exam center in the application form.
- On or before the last date of registration, properly completed application form must also be presented online.
- The applicant should take a printout and keep it safe for future references from completing the application form.
- The application form must not be sent to the commission office in a printout.
Fee for Examination:
The application fee is just Rs. 100/- paid by depositing in any branch of State Bank of India or via net banking facility of State Bank of Mysore, SBI, SB of Bikaner & Jaipur, SB of Hyderabad, SB of Travancore or State Bank of Patiala. Also one can deposit fee via using Debit Card, Master Credit/ or VISA card.
On the basis of the names of the candidates in the merit list, they are invited to take part in the next selection round.
UPSC SCRA 2021 Syllabus:
The UPSC SCRA Exam 2021 curriculum covers the 12th-standard syllabus of physics, chemical, and mathematics of any board. Candidates appearing for UPSC SCRA 2021 are requested to study the entire syllabus to score in the exam.
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination comprises of three papers viz, Paper I, Paper-II, Paper III.
|General Ability Test :||General knowledge, English language, Vocabulary, History, etc.|
|Physical Science Paper:||Biochemistry, Electromagnetic induction, Polymer, Current, Electricity, etc.|
|Mathematics Paper:||Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Matrices, Determinants, Probability, etc.|
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers on Objective Type Questions
- Use black ball pen only for writing or marking within the OMR sheet. There is a strict prohibition for using any other pen except black.
- The exam will be commenced in two different parts-First part comprises of written exam for 600 marks. The second part comprises of Personality Test for 200 marks by only those candidates who have qualified the written examination.
- The pattern for Exam: The first paper contains General Ability test which includes Psychological, General Knowledge, and English test. It will take place for two hours and carries 200 marks
- Second would be 200 marks exam for Physical Sciences exam which will be held for 2 hours
- Next would be Mathematics exam which contains for 200 marks and will last for 2 hours
Different Centers for Examination:
Exam will be conducted in the centers located in prominent parts of Udaipur, Sambalpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Madurai, Lucknow, Delhi, Dharwar, Mumbai, Tirupati, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Dispur, Nagpur, Bhopal, Srinagar, Cuttack, Itanagar, Shillong, Jorhat, Panaji Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam, Raipur, Ranchi, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Bareily, Jammu, Bangalore, Jaipur, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Chandigarh, AGARTALA, GANGTOK.
SCRA 2021-22 Admit Card:
- On the Commission’s official website, the SCRA 2021 admit card will be published online.
- Candidates should download the admission card, bring it to the Examination Center
- In the absence of a valid admission card, no candidates may appear for the examination.
- Allowing mutilated or deformed Admit cards in any way is not valid.
- The candidates will be notified by the admission card of the details of the examination, such as venue addresses, date, time, etc.
SCRA 2021 Result:
- The exam results can be verified in online mode by applicants who have appeared successfully.
- The commission will release the result of the online test on its official website.
- On the basis of the marks, they obtain in the entry test, a merit list of the qualified candidate will be prepared.
- On the basis of the names of the candidates in the merit list, they are invited to take part in the next selection round.
Way to apply for the Exam:
Go to the UPSC website (http://www.upsc.gov.in/).